12 Best Tips to Caring for your Jewellery in Pakistan 2023/ 2024 [Scratches, Breaking and Dullness]
To a woman, her jewellery is very dear to her and women never compromise on their jewellery as it is their daily life saviour! jewellery is a woman’s best friend so it is very normal for them to never lose their best friend!
Check our Latest Collection
Regardless of whether it’s fine or outfit gems, there’s always a sentimental purpose for each piece of jewellery you purchase, and you’ll need to wear it for eternity!
To guarantee you enjoy the use of your jewellery to the extent that this would be possible, it requires certain safety measures on your part. The magnificence of our jewellery lies in its fineness and delicacy.
Like every single delicate product, it is touchy in how it is dealt with. For instance, a glass can last a year or break in a second. suede shoes can be worn for miles but in the rain.
Also, the jewellery should be used and kept with extraordinary care. Below are a few tips to take care of your jewellery to prevent tarnishing, scratches, breaking and dullness.
12 Best Pro Tips to Caring for your Jewellery in Pakistan 2023/ 2024 from Scratches, Breaking and Dullness
- Chemicals and wood surfaces cannot be a great friend of your jewellery and can cause strain or speed up the tarnishing process.
- Gently rub gold and silver jewellery items with a soft, clean cloth to augment the shine. Make sure the cloth you use is soft, not hard and is clean or else it can result in giving bad patches or scratches to your jewellery.
- jewellery set with gems can be rejuvenated by cautious cleaning with a soft brush and soapy water, or with a propriety jewellery cleaning solution. TRY not to get threaded pearl or beaded jewellery wet and only wet antique jewellery ONLY IF A JEWELRY EXPERT TELLS YOU TO – you could ruin it.
- Keep your jewellery safe in a Ziplock bag. Over the long haul, your jewellery comes in contact with dampness and air which makes it ultimately discolours. Put it in a Ziplock bag and squeeze out all the air before sealing.
- You can use silver ‘dip’ type cleaners on most silver jewellery– yet rinse and dry them altogether. Try not to use silver ‘dip’ type cleaning solutions on gold jewellery, only good jewellery cleaners. Wipe pearls with a soft sodden cloth after wearing to avoid perfume, hairspray and whatever else liable to harm them. Try not to use grating cleaners on jewellery. J SK K SK XUJSU AKSHX K G F D A A
- To avoid your jewellery getting tangled up, keep them safe and separate in a drawer, not jumbled up together.
- Store your silver jewellery with chalk. Chalk ingests moisture, or in the event that you find that dusty, invest in some dehumidifiers or silica packs. THAT HELPS!
- Never ever wear your jewellery then apply lotions, hairspray and perfumes. Keep your jewellery stuff away from skincare and keep them dry. Avoid wearing jewellery when going swimming or to the sauna.
- Sunlight can be very harmful to your jewellery and can cause discolouration or fadedness. Too much light is harmful!
- Put your jewellery pieces on the turn. jewellery isn’t intended to be worn every minute of every day, give it a break and show some adoration to other pieces of jewellery too.
- Keep gold jewellery away from silver jewellery. Gold scratches effectively, so keep them separately in soft material bags or the original boxes they came it.
- Home remedies can be stupid at times and can destroy your jewellery to a great extent where they won’t be wearable. Don’t, I REPEAT never use toothpaste, this home remedy is abrasive and will surely damage your jewellery. But for those pieces that are dull, filmy or starting to tarnish, mix warm water and dish soap and rub it on the jewellery with a very soft cloth. Then rinse it in cold water and dry it with a clean, soft cloth. In case of any damage or broken, take your jewellery pieces to any jeweller and they will fix it for you if you are looking for solutions to clean them with, consult your jeweller, they will guide you with the best!
Jewellery – General Care:
- Don’t wear your jewellery while sleeping, it can easily damage your jewellery or take it off if you are involved in any activity that can easily knock or damage it.
- Keep them away from chemicals, especially chlorine. But if something like this happens, immediately rinse it off.
- Make separate boxes for different kinds, e.g., Rings should be stored together, Necklaces with Necklaces only, same goes for Earrings.
Below is a quick checklist of some of the things to look out for:
- Damaged or missing claws can risk losing stones.
- Any fractures in metals
- loose materials and catches or rough links on chains or bracelets
- pearls that are loose or the thread is frayed
- if a ring is too tight or too loose, it can be re-sized
Table of Contents